This component contains two elements:
- The input field: a text input, text area, or text input group (only specific cases).
- The localization button: displays a dropdown menu to select a language.
The dropdown menu must always contain these items in each entry:
- Country flag
- ISO 639-1 code
- Default: the default language. It is always the first in the list.
- Translated: the user has provided a text that differs from the default input text.
- Not translated: the input text does not differ from the original text.
The localization button only changes field content language. It does not change the title label or the help text language. The help text displays the default language text as a hint to the user.
This field is usually placed in a form with other localizable fields. Selecting a language in one of the localizable fields changes the language for all other fields.
- Input field
- Localizable button
Text area localizable
Text input group localizable
A very common case in Liferay Portal is to have to translate fields for URLs. This field is a clear combination of an input group with a localizable field.