This update comes with many tiny improvements that allow us to communicate better:
- Do's and Don'ts have been included for several patterns as: badges, labels, table, actions definition and popover. This provides us with a more graphic way of defining examples.
- Multiple step form now includes an example to understand how the pattern is build in an use case.
- Text input localizable has been released.
- Card layout has been added inside layouts at Design Principles.
- Vertical navigation has been updated with an example of collapsible menu in mobile.
- Sidebar documentation has been splitted in several pages for a better documentation purpose focusing on special needs.
Examples of use have been added into table to make more clear the row hover action with images on what can be done or not. Moreover, multistep form has been updated with a layout example in a form to better understand how it must be applied. Last but not least, checkbox groups and radio groups examples with metrix have been offered.
A full set of components inside sites section is already available to build you own site widgets. This will allow you to transform old widgets into new ones towards looking for a better information architecture, structure, and refreshing design.
Layouts and Form Hierarchy
As part of the improvement in Lexicon we want to clearly defined the different layout possibilities the we usually find in admin pages. Layout is part of our design principles as it belong to a series of principles to start builing interfaces with our system.
Charts and Sites
Charts and Sites have been documented at their initial stage.
Charts is a totally new pattern in Lexicon and with it we want to provide you a full set of principles related to it to improve accessibility, preception and interpretation.
Sites tackles widgets for sites. Lexicon faces a huge improvement in this area towards improving not only the visual aspect but also the usability in some of our ADTs. Many improvements will come in upcoming dates in this area towards next portal release.
Liferay is happy to announce a new version of Lexicon in alpha state. This Lexicon Evolution brings you a wider range of possibilities, new components and brand new color palette. Lexicon now worries more about accessibility, shorter interactions, and ways to achieve a better user experience never seen before in Liferay.
This alpha version will become into beta as soon as Lexicon and Clay aligns.